What to do When Getting an Error Code in Xero and How to Fix it
Xero is a New Zealand based company that maintains the Xero software and make it a worthy investment for business people to save their time and money practicing their business activities. Xero provides complete support in the accounting and bookkeeping needs of the users. However, you may also get multiple error code from time to time due to some technical malfunctions. Xero error code 404 and Xero error code 500 is quite common and frequently occurred issue that may bother you. Several other issues may also frustrate you. To avoid these issues, you should keep your system and operating system up to date and keep removing viruses. For extended support, you can contact at Xero support number as well.
Fix Error code 404 in Xero
When you get Xero error code 404, you may not be able to access your Xero account easily. So you need to remove the issue and what you can do with these steps:
· Press the F5 button on the keyboard and reload the page in your windows. For Mac user, you need to press CMD+R to do the same, or you can click the refresh arrow and get the page reloaded for both Windows or Mac.
· If you successfully entered your account and logged in, then you need to log out and try to log in again from the address ‘login.xero.com.’
· Next, you can try to clear all the cookies, history and caches from your browser and restart the computer then try to log in again.
With these steps, you will be able to fix error code 404.
Fix Error code 500 in Xero
Xero error code 500 is such an annoying error code that may reduce the user experience and don’t allow you access your Xero account. It may appear due to access to cookies and caches. Sometimes an outdated browser may also create the issue. So you need to follow the given steps to fix the issue:
· Error code 500 may occur due to the access of cookies and caches saved within a long run. So you need to remove these caches, cookies and even saved passwords as well. For further precautions, you should not store cookies and caches on your browser and get free from issues.
· Now log out to your account and then again log in to your Xero account going to web address login.Xero.com. If you face any issue, keep refreshing the page and make sure you are using the latest version of the page.
If the problem persists, then you can try to log in with another browser and try to fix the issue.
Get Xero customer support:
You can contact Xero customer support number to avail the well guided and enhanced support from the Xero experts. They will be solving your issue easily and quickly. You can contact at any time round the clock and receive the most prominent support.